Friday, November 5, 2010

"I am like Simeon"

In Uganda, there was a seminar to train Bible study leaders using the newly-published books of Mark and Acts in Bwisi, the local language.

One man told an interesting story after the seminar. He said, “This is the 50th year that I have been attending church, but I have never, ever read any Bible verse in my language. I am like the old man Simeon in the Bible whom the Holy Spirit promised he would not die without seeing Messiah. God has given me a time of grace in this world so that I can hear the Word of God in my own language, the language which I understand. No one can understand the plans of God; people used to say that no one would manage to write the Bible in Bwisi because it is an un-writable language… but here it is!”

No comments:

Post a Comment