Friday, February 3, 2012

Road Transportation

 I considered calling this post "The Mighty African Bicycle", because let me tell you, Tanzanians (and people from other countries around here seem equally able) can really pack things on their bikes!  But it's not just bicycles that can carry amazing amounts of things, it's also motorcycles and vehicles, so really this post is a tribute to Tanzanians who can balance large loads for transport!  I did not take these pictures myself; I have co-workers to thank for snapping these on their cameras.

Firewood for cooking at home

Live chickens being taken to the market

A new mattress being taken home (it's folded in half)

All sorts of things being taken somewhere!
People.  Lots and lots of people... there is ALWAYS room for one more!

And sometimes there is room for 20 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment