Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cookbook recommendation

I've done a few book recommendations posts on here before, but certainly never a cookbook one!  Today, however, I have a post that most of you won't care about and a few of you will greatly appreciate.  If you find yourself in the minority category of people who cook everything from scratch with pretty basic ingredients (i.e. missionary, wanna-be pioneer woman, or health food nut without enough money to buy strange stuff at specialty stores), this is the book for you.  About half of what I make found its origin in these pages.  It's a Mennonite cookbook, like the renowned "More With Less", but more international and modern.  It has recipes for things from all over the world, made with things you actually have in your kitchen, and most if it is pretty good for you.  My brother-in-law (yeah, Kabyn!) gave this to me for Christmas back in 2008, and my culinary life has taken on new life!

So, I know a lot of you don't care about this one bit, and that's okay, but for those few special ones out there, GO BUY IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment