Monday, July 2, 2012

Getting ready to go

We are on our final week here in Musoma for this term and it's both happy and sad to anticipate our soon-upcoming departure.

For those who are interested, our travel itinerary is as follows:
July 8: travel from Musoma to Nairobi, Kenya
July 9 and 10: do a little shopping and get medical check-ups in Nairobi (find out if we've contracted any parasites, etc., during the last few years here, and for me, I'll also have all the required pregnancy blood work done at this time)
July 10: depart East Africa - our flight leaves Nairobi close to midnight
July 11: arrive in London, hang out in the airport on a nine-hour layover, fly to Seattle (due to the time zone difference, this will be a very, very long day for us - we leave London at 3:10pm and arrive in Seattle at 4:40pm, and manage to have an eight- or nine-hour-long flight in that space of time)


I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have in the near future, so this might be my last post for a little while.  When we've landed in the good ol' US of A and I have a fast internet connection again, I'll start blogging once more!

1 comment:

  1. praying for your transition to the US. thanks for all your blogging too - I may rarely comment, but I do read and appreciate your posts!

    ReplyDelete