Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Blackberry fever!


Berries are one of the foods Andrew and I miss the most when we're in Tanzania.  We can get all sorts of fabulous tropical fruits in Musoma, but there are NO BERRIES!  One of my highlights of being in the States (thus far) is that we're here for blackberry season.  Berries are dripping off the vines all along the road near where we live.  It's so fun to pick them, and I can't get over how nice it is to be outdoors without anyone noticing or bothering me.  And best of all, they are free!  Imagine: beautiful, ripe berries a mere 1/4 mile from your front door, just begging to be picked.  We're busy filling our stomachs and our freezer with blackberries and I'm having a terrific lot of fun doing it.  I feel so American!

Oh, and if you have a really good blackberry cobbler recipe, please e-mail it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment