Sunday, October 18, 2015

Brownies in the Bathroom

I am not sure at what point one crosses the line between being reasonable and being ridiculous, but the other day I made brownies in the bathroom. Bathrooms are often associated with brown things, but brownies aren't the usual topic.

Jerod was asleep, and I was concerned that the noise of the electric mixer would wake him up. His room is almost directly above where I would normally do my Saturday afternoon baking. I was experimenting with whipping the butter, sugar, and eggs for an extended time after reading about something similar on a baking blog, so the mixer needed to run for quite a while.

We generally try to avoid getting too near the obnoxious end of things, such as refusing to flush toilets, talk, move, or breathe when a baby is napping. But two baby-free hours on a Saturday afternoon is pretty precious, and I was willing to be a little ridiculous!

Oh, and regarding the end result: I think it improved the brownies to do some extra whipping. It also made them larger, because of adding so much extra air to the batter. I ended up with an extra pan of them, in fact; it increased their volume that much. How obnoxious to have an extra pan of brownies...

No comments:

Post a Comment