Thursday, October 22, 2015

Freezing Fall Fun at Vale Wood Farms

In the corn box
I asked Zarya if I could take a picture of her having fun (she really loved this corn box, probably because it was semi-indoors and therefore less freezing), and she agreed, but said, "I'm not going to smile, okay?" I waited a little while, but she was determined to not smile for the picture. Crazy toddler! Anyway, her favorite thing was covering her legs in corn. Other kids were making corn snow angels and filling and dumping buckets; it was good fun for a range of ages. Jerod, however, was not allowed in the corn box, because he'd just try to eat the corn, I'm quite sure! The one problem of all of this corn play was when I helped her take off her shoes and socks later at home, corn fell out all over the kitchen floor. And it didn't end there; when she went to the bathroom, more corn came pattering out from inner layers. It was kind of like sand at the beach, except at least your hands feel clean after playing in it!

Brr!
Jerod had a slightly less exciting day. Not being able to walk is a serious hindrance to having fun. He liked about half of the hayride... His highlight was the chickens. I don't know why, but he burst out laughing when he saw them. Also, of course, he liked his picnic lunch. He's a happy eater!

As for me, my highlight was visiting with my friend Shannon! Second place has to go to the coconut ice cream we brought home with us. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment