Saturday, May 14, 2016

Rice Snob


We've all heard of coffee snobs, who have to have just the right kind of beans roasted a certain way. There are purse snobs, car snobs, music snobs, apple snobs (AKA Washingtonians), seafood snobs, and other sorts of people who cheerfully make fun of themselves for their particular exclusive appreciation of certain fine products.

Y'all want to know what I am hiding in my closet? Rice. Oh yes, I'm a rice snob. In my overflow-pantry closet, I've got RICE. The current occupants of the rice closet are three 20-lb bags of rice and one 10-lb one. I've got Thai Jasmine, Indian Basmati, Mexican medium grain, and Japanese short-grain. There are other kinds I like but don't currently own, and yes, I do think they all taste different! I admit it, I'm a ricaholic rice snob.

No comments:

Post a Comment