Monday, July 19, 2010

Conference Sharing Time II (Andrew's version)

Here are the highlights, lessons, and prayer requests Andrew mentioned at conference:

Highlights:
-Getting married on July 18, 2009!
-Spending four months in England with a wonderfully diverse and cohesive group of students. The Scripture Use course was particularly good.
-Arriving in Musoma in early February, shedding the feeling of being homeless.
-The great backyard views of Lake Victoria, especially as the sun goes down!

What God has been teaching me:
Through transitions, I've received a great opportunity to learn about...
-Perseverance. Working through the various stages of becoming a Wycliffe member and moving to Tanzania have required plenty of this. I'm still learning it as I continually strive to improve my ability to speak and understand Swahili.
-Patience. This is an odd one to learn at the same time as learning Perseverance, but I've been learning nonetheless. Again, Wycliffe processes and Swahili learning have challenged me. Should I mention that one our two cats has helped me to learn patience as well?
-Humility. This one comes up over and over again, yet I still have so far to go! Giving up my comfortable life and career in the dairy industry, starting a new career and life in Tanzania, and struggling through a difficult village stay are just a few examples of situations that have forced me to lose some of my pride.

Prayer Requests:
-For me as I continue Swahili learning process. It's difficult but extremely important for me to be effective working in Tanzania.
-For the Scripture Use work among the nine language groups we work with. We're in the planning stages and just beginning to develop projects. I'm the only full-time person at this point and the potential activities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment