Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Great book

Can you tell I copied this from Amazon?!  Sorry, you can't actually click to look inside from here...
A while ago Andrew's dad recommended a book to us, Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.  We thought that it sounded pretty good, so Andrew ordered it from Amazon and had it shipped all the way around the world.  He's not usually a speed reader so when it took him only a few days to finish, I thought, "That book is either really good or he accidentally ordered the large print edition!"  Upon finishing it, he announced it was one of the top 10 books he'd ever read in his life, so that seemed to point towards the former reason for finishing it so quickly.

A couple weeks later I started it, and last night I read the final pages.  Wow.  I think it is the best-written biography I've ever read!  It was so good I want to name my next pet after the guy about whom the book is written (you might recall I have a thing for naming animals after people whom I admire).  Tonight I'm going to be very sad that I can't go home and read more.  That is the worst part about reading a good book - when you finish it, it is like saying good-bye to a dear friend.

So if you're looking for a Christmas gift for someone who enjoys reading or if you're wondering what your next book should be, we highly recommend Unbroken!  (And if you're wanting two great books to read, Seabiscuit by the same author is also fabulous.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Misha! I just finished a book and have been looking for a new one, so when I noticed your comment that you had the book shipped, I was a little discouraged that I wouldn't be able to read it on my kindle- but I checked anyways, and lo and behold, it is available! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete