Wednesday, October 29, 2014

North Korea books

Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea by Barbara Demick

The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson
In the past year I've read two very, very good books about North Korea. It's a place that has intrigued me for quite some time, and I was happy to find some books about it that not only were informative, but exceedingly well-written. One was fiction (Orphan Master) and one non-fiction (Nothing to Envy), but both are thoroughly researched and steeped in facts.

Should you wish to read more about either or check out other readers' reviews, try Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6178648-nothing-to-envy?from_search=true

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11529868-the-orphan-master-s-son?ac=1

I must say, I do find it impressive that after over 25,000 people reading and rating Nothing to Envy, the book has an extremely high ranking of almost 4.5 stars (out of a possible 5). Apparently I'm not the only one on Goodreads who thought it was a good read!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete